Thursday, January 17, 2013

Spinach Stuffed Shells with Garlic Crustini's


Ivan and I made the decision to re-do our bedroom (pics to be posted soon). We needed to borrow a truck from a friend and due to the rain our plans got kind of confusing. Rain delayed our trip and I was afraid that dinner would turn into a takeout disaster. Don't get me wrong- in the right mood, I enjoy takeout, but with chicken in the fridge about to go bad and ingredients for stuffed shells ( which I was craving ALL day)  I really wanted to cook. Perfect for me- stuffed shells are really easy to make ahead of time. So I prepped everything before our ride out to the furniture store and got ready to make some fun purchases! 





Spinach Stuffed Shells with Garlic Crustini's


--------------INGREDIENTS-----------------

Jumbo Stuffed Shells
1 Bag Shredded Mozzarella
1 Bag Shredded Parmesan
1 Lg Container Ricotta
2 eggs
1 Bag Spinach, Chopped
1 Jar Homemade Tomato Sauce (or canned)
Salt
Pepper
 Parsley
 Basil


---------PREPARATION--------


 Cook Shells until they are ready- drain and keep in pot

In a large bowl combine chopped spinach, cheese, eggs, and seasoning

 Spoon cheese mix in shells (one at a time) and place each stuffed shell in a baking dish with the tomato sauce on the bottom

Repeat until the dish is filled and all shells are stuffed

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

........


My favorite bread is the take and bake that grocery stores sell. All I did was cut the bread and add garlic to each slice. I drizzled olive oil over the pieces and sprinkled salt, pepper, and bail all over. I baked these during the last 10 minutes the shells needed.