Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chewy Sugar Cookies



Ivan left today for his boys trip to Nashville and I wanted to make them some treats for their 9 hour drive. Justin doesn't love peanut butter (I was going to make peanut butter balls and peanut butter cup rice krispie treats) so instead I thought- everyone loves sugar cookies right? SO here they are... and they turned out pretty amazing if I say so myself :) I am enjoying this new baking theme I have going on now. I might just start baking more desserts. Next time, maybe for our own household!

--------------INGREDIENTS-----------------



1/2 C Butter (1 stick)
1.2 C Granulated Sugar
1.2 Tbsp light brown sugar
1 Small Egg, room temp
1 tsp Vanilla
1 C all purpose flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1/4 C Sprinkles


---------PREPARATION--------



 In your Kitchen Aid mixer, use the paddle attachment to  cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium for 3 minutes. 

Scrape the sides.

 Add the egg and vanilla and beat for another 30 seconds.

Add flour, baking powder, and salt and beat at low speed for 30 seconds. 

Add in sprinkles and beat another 30 seconds.

You can cook right away or refrigerate for up to 5 days. When you are ready to bake- preheat oven to 350 degrees and roll dough into small balls ( about 1 Tbsp).

 Bake for 9 minutes. I like my cookies on the dough-ier side, so they are and stay really chewy. If you want to crisp them up you can leave the cookies in for another 2-3 minutes.

WaLaaaaa! Done!