Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies






My co-workers' birthday is Wednesday.
 Last time I made her brownies the day she left for maternity leave I was rushed and made her crappy boxed brownies. 
This time, I tried my own recipe- one I have never attempted. 
I hope she likes them tomorrow!


--------------INGREDIENTS-----------------


8 oz Dark Chocolate Bark
1 C Butter (2 sticks)
6 tsp Cocoa (Bittersweet)
2 C Granulated Sugar
6 Eggs
1 C Peanut Butter
1 1/2 White Flour
2 tsp vanilla

---------PREPARATION--------


 In a bowl melt butter and chocolate bark in microwave. Sir every 30 seconds and cook until melted.

 Add cocoa and sugar. Stir.

Stir in eggs, one at a time until mixed thoroughly

Stir in  peanut butter, then add vanilla, and flour. Mix until smooth.

In a baking dish, pour mix and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. These are really fudgy and moist so they are hard to overcook. I noticed the edges were nice and crisp while the center was soft and fudge like. Perfect for those who like both crisp and chewy brownies.

.......



For Adrienne's brownies, I put them in a Tupperware and topped off with some powdered sugar for kicks. Hope she has a great 28th birthday!