Monday, March 4, 2013

Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven + Mozzarella Sticks + Chicarrones de Pollo


I ordered a cast iron dutch oven over the weekend. I knew I wanted a good quality one without emptying my pockets. I wanted a product that was comparable to Le Creuset and that would last me years. After researching products and reading up on my food blogs- I decided to go with Lodge.  Lodge is seemingly a top competitor to Le Creuset, while being much much cheaper. I read up on people who owned both brands, and said they couldn't tell the difference between the two.

Lodge Color EC6D33 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, Blue, 6-Quart


Elephants are my all time favorite thing in the world. One day....far far away.... ( But not that far away)
 I want to get married on an elephant.
I guess I can settle for  my wedding/ engagement  photos on an elephant if I "have to." I guess....
anyway!
These animals are so beautiful to me, and I collect as many elephant pieces as I can. I wish I could have a mini pet elephant. Too bad they are SOOO big and herd animals. I'll just have to settle for my daily e-mail of Ivan containing elephant photos he finds on the Internet ( so sweet right?)

Mozzarella Sticks

With my NEW cast iron dutch oven... I made mozzarella sticks. While my first attempt is not the prettiest, they tasted delicious. All I did was buy mozzarella string cheese from the store, halved them, dipped them in flour, then in egg mixture ( 2 eggs whisked with 1 Tbsp Milk) and panko bread crumbs ( seasoned with s&p, parsley). I heated up 1 in of oil in my dutch oven and cooked the mozzarella sticks until golden brown.

      Chicarrones de Pollo