Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pasta Carbonara



-------------INGREDIENTS------------

1 box vermacelli pasta
1 lb bacon
1/4 lb ham (lunch meat)
1 yellow onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 eggs
8 oz fresh parmesan, grated
salt
pepper
parsley
oregano

---------PREPARATION--------

Cook bacon in your oven for 45 minutes, until crispy. I usually cut the bacon before I cook it so I don't have to chop up steaming hot bacon.

Cook your onion and garlic in 2 tbsp of bacon fat.

Cook pasta until al dente. Turn off heat. Pour 1/2 cup of the pasta water into your skillet with the onions and garlic. Drain the rest of the pasta and return back to the stovetop.

Pour you onion and garlic over pasta mixture over the pasta, then add your eggs one at a time. Add bacon.

Season the pasta accordingly, and stir in the parmesan.

:) Enjoy!


This meal is one of our favorites,  It's easy- cheap- flavorful. I hope you enjoy this as much as Ivan and I do. :)