Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Homemade Chicken Pot Pie


I really love Chicken Pot Pie but this is my first time making it. Since for Christmas I recieved a pressure cooker, I thought why not cook this in my new device.




CHICKEN POT PIE

--------------INGREDIENTS------------

3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
2 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped


¼ teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 large Carrots; peeled and diced
1 potato, cut into cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced
........
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¼ cup sherry
¾ cup half and half or milk


1 can low-sodium chicken stock ( or enough to cover all ingredients)

 Place all ingredients in your pressure cooker ( or slow cooker) For pressure cooker, this will take 12 minutes on the pressure setting, for your slow cooker this will take 4-5 hours.

 Pull out the chicken and shred with 2 forks. Place chicken back in the pressure cooker.


Add the rest of the ingredients and place the top back on so the heat can soften the frozen vegetables for 5 minutes

I made my own crust- it was cheap and easy but you can always buy premade crust at the store.

{{  I mixed 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp salt, 8 Tbsp ice water, and 10 2/3 Tbsp softened butter together until it looked like dough. I floured my counter and separated my dough into two balls; one for the top crust and one for the bottom crust. I then, rolled it out and placed the crust on the bottom of the  pan. }}

Place all of your ingredients from your pressure cooker in your pan with the crust.

Top with the remaining crust

Bake at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes depending on your oven.