Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Meat. Veggies. Fish

Spaghetti with Home made meatballs


Filet Mignon with herb mashed potatoes and Asparagus

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Red Beans and Rice

Vegetarian stuffed red peppers. 
Inside:Mushrooms,onions,garlic,boca crumbles, red pepper,brown rice, tomatoes, seasoning.
(Saute the mushrooms, garlic and onions for about 15 minutes first. While doing so, cook the brown rice in a separate pan. Once the onions are soft, add the red peppers, tomatoes ( 1 can crushed tomatoes- do not drain) and boca crumbles. Simmer until your rice is fully cooked. I added the rice into my pan with the veggies on low heat for 45 minutes. This way all the flavors come together nicely. Make sure to add, salt, pepper, parsley, and a few bay leaves well. I let the veggies cool and placed them inside the red peppers. Cook for about 30 minutes on 350 degrees. Add shredded mozzarella to the tops and place your peppers back in the oven on broil for five minutes.)
An easy, yet delish meal to serve those vegetarians that surround you.
I have noticed recently in every group of friends I have, there is at least one vegetarian.
I always try to accommodate for them, and therefore I am going to post more
vegetarian dishes that are both meat eaters' and veggie lovers' favorites.