Monday, May 7, 2012

Patti Mayonnaise are you afraid of the dark?

My theme for dinners this week was simple- reminiscent. I wanted  this week to remind me of being a child again. Sometimes I forget the simplest meals that made me so happy as a kid. Not that I wanted to eat Kraft mac and cheese or Ramen Noodles, but the meals my mom made for me that I thought were ever so clever and delicious.
Here is my menu for this week:

Monday- Lemon Chicken Pasta

Ingredients:
1c diced onions
2 cloves minced garlic
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 box penne pasta
1/2c chicken broth
6oz cream cheese
1/4c fresh parsley
1c fresh shredded mozz
zest and juice from 1 lemon

1. Saute the onions and garlic. Add the chicken. When the chicken is almost fully cooked add lemon zest.
2. Meanwhile cook the penne.
3. Mix chicken broth and cream cheese in a bowl until blended and add cooked pasta, chicken, mozz and parsley.

Tuesday- Bocadillo's

 ( This was a favorite for Ivan growing up. In Puerto Rico he would eat pressed ham and american cheese's for breakfast.)

Ingredients:
1 loaf of bread
Boar's Head Tavern Ham
Boar's Head White American Cheese
Butter
4 fried eggs

1. All you need to do is cut the bread lengthwise. Spread butter inside and add ham and cheese. All I have is a George Forman so I just used that to press that sandwiches, but if you have a panini press that obviously works best.
2. Fry 2 eggs per sandwich
3. After the bocadillo's are cooked, slide the fried eggs into the sandwiches and serve

Wednesday- Pizzadillas (OK- they were on English Muffins as a kid, but why not have them on tortillas?) 

Ingredients:
Tortillas
Mozzarella
Pepperoni
Pizza Sauce

1. Spread the sauce and cheese on the tortillas and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Take the tortillas out of the oven and fold them.
3. Cook for 5 more minutes

Thursday- Cheesesteaks