Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rock Sole and Basmati with peas

For dinner I pan seared a rock sole fish. First I salted and peppered the fish and rubbed it in with my hand. I lightly floured the fish on both sides and placed them in a pan with hot olive oil. Rock sole is extremely easy to cook, once the first side is seared, flip and you will begin to see the fish transform into a flaky yet crusted delicious fish.

I removed the fish, but kept the olive oil and flour left on the bottom of the pan. I added 1 clove of crushed garlic, lemon juice from half of a lemon, and a quarter cup of dry wine. I simmered this to make a beautiful sauce to top over both the fish and the rice. yumm!

As a side, I cooked Organic white basmati rice. After the rice was finished cooking, I placed a small bag of frozen peas inside the pot and covered it for 10 minutes to let the rice and peas finish cooking.

The final product: