Monday, August 8, 2011

Ham, Chorizo and Cheese Quiche with Bacon

I wanted to make breakfast for dinner tonight, but with a twist. I decided to make a quiche and applewood smoked bacon.

First I placed one half of a chopped onion, diced ham, and chorizo in a pan. I simmered these ingredients to combine the flavors, as chorizo should be seared before cooking to enhance both the flavor and texture.


Then I whisked 3 eggs, 3/4 cup of milk, and salt and pepper. I let the ham, chorizo, onion mixture sit until it cooled.


Once cooled, I combined the eggs and meat. I added shredded cheddar to the mix. I then poured the mixture in a pre-made pie crust.

350 degree pre-heated oven and 45 minutes later... this simple breakfast quiche was transformed into a delicious dinner meal.



I also bough thick cut apple wood bacon and cooked this at the same time as the quiche... and like that. Dinner was served. I'm not sure why this was the first time I have ever made a quiche, because it's simple and extremely delicious.