Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Spaghetti and Meatballs






Spaghetti and Meatballs

-------------INGREDIENTS------------

1 Lb lean ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
2 Eggs
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
1 C Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 C Parsley, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and minced
Salt
Pepper
Oregano
Thyme
Sage
2 Cups Panko Breadcrumbs
1 C Lukewarm Water
Olive Oil
Marinara Sauce

------------PREPARATION-----------

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a bowl combine the beef and pork. Add cheese, eggs, onion, parsley, garlic, and seasonings. Mix together with your hands until the mixture is blended.

Add the breadcrumbs and mix.

Slowly add in the water. Mix for another minute.

Pour olive oil on a baking dish and set aside.

Shape the meat into balls ( whatever size you prefer- I like larger meatballs)
Place the meatballs on the baking dish

Cook in the oven for 30 minutes, or until browned.

Once you put the meatballs in the oven you can begin making your marinara sauce.

I used a jar of store bought sace but made a few changes. First I added olive oil to a pan and cooked some minced garlic. I then added a can of diced tomatoes, and seasoned the pan. Once the tomatoes were simmering with the garlic, I added 1/2 jar of  my store bought sauce. This made the sauce really flavorful, without taking much time and effort in making my own marinara sauce.

I served the meatballs and sauce over angel hair pasta with parmesan and parsley as a garnish.