Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Meaty Meals.


Penne Pasta Bake with Mozzarella, Ricotta, Green Peppers, Beef, Sausage, Vodka Sauce=
yumm!

 I had some chicken in the fridge that was on it's last day and that night we already had dinner plans. I figured instead of wasting perfectly good food, we could always eat it as a late night snack or lunch the next day.  I decided to stick it in the crock pot with some curry seasoning. 6 hours later we had a delicious meal ready for us! Lunch the next day: Curried chicken and white rice. To top it off, I fried an egg for each bowl. When doesn't a fried egg work?



I make lemon pepper chicken often. I wanted to steer away from the same method of cooking the chicken the way I typically do. Last night I tried something new- and it turned out great! In the morning before work and school I chopped up an onion and 2 lemons. I placed half of the slick slices of onions and 1 of the lemons I cut up on the bottom of the crock pot. I seasoned the chicken with olive oil and salt and pepper and placed that over the onions and lemons. I topped off the chicken with the remaining onions and the last lemon. I also threw in 3 whole garlic cloves. I added 1/2 cup of chicken broth. I kept this on low in the crock pot for 7 hours.
Once I got home, I removed the chicken and placed it on a separate place. I  threw away the lemon rinds and took the rest of the liquid and poured it into my blender. I whisked 2 tbsp of corn starch and 1/2 cup of water together and added it to the liquid mixture.  I simmered the liquid and created a nice sauce to top the chicken. I sliced the chicken and topped it off with my home made sauce.